When it comes to luxury, there is no set rule or design that categorizes a home as a luxury home. The best way to describe a luxury home is one that is large and spacious, has great entertainment value, has intelligent home appliances incorporated into it and is located in niche neighbourhoods. Luxury homes also come fitted with branded fittings and features, the best of amenities as well as great designing.
With many builders misusing the word ‘luxury’ and projecting every second run-of-the-mill project as being a luxury home, you need to go back to the drawing board and do a little homework on the nitty-gritty of what exactly a luxury home entails. Earlier, only villas were available in the luxury segment, but now apartments are also being included. While it’s difficult to quantify a luxury villa, most buyers feel they will know one when they see it.
Here is a list of qualities that a luxury villa must have:
- Location is the key to luxury homes as they are usually located in secluded posh areas where only the ‘who’s who’ tend to congregate. Such locations boast of great connectivity to the city, have wide roads and great neighbourhoods that are clean and free of dumps and slums.
- The construction materials, finishes and design must be a cut above what’s considered standard. Marble, hardwood, Venetian plaster and emulsion paints have all become common components of luxury homes.
Luxury homes are also very spacious (over 2000 sq feet) and need to be at least a 3BHK home, if not more. Villas that are less than 3BHK don’t qualify for the luxury tag. Of recent luxury homes are additionally equipped with a family room as well as a servant’s room.
- Security forms an important aspect of luxury homes. Luxury homes come with hi-tech features like digital locks, electronic surveillance, door videophones, motion-sensor lights and of course a 24×7 surveillance by professional security personnel.
- An influx of international lifestyles means that luxury homes also come fully equipped with branded fittings and imported appliances.
- The amenities that go with luxury villas are truly supposed to be of international standards too with swimming pools, gyms, clubhouses, barbeque pits, jogging tracks, paved sidewalks, manicured lawns, meditation centres, concierge, etc.
And the most important thing to remember when buying luxury villas is that they don’t come cheap. And if you are getting one in that category, be assured that it is a luxury villa!